Call For Presentations and Workshops
Moving Forward Network 4th International Conference
October 13-14 2017
We’re looking forward to seeing you at the Moving Forward Network Conference this October!
Our goal is to create a conference where we highlight examples of the important work happening across the country and internationally. We are creating program space within the conference for people to propose ideas for break-out sessions, conduct workshops, make presentations, or organize panels. Please send us your best ideas and proposals for these sessions! Read the information below, and then submit your proposal with this link.
The conference has several thematic tracks for the sessions:
- Arts, Culture, and Politics
- Environmental Health Science and Research
- Zero Emission and Air Pollution Control Technology
- Community Driven Development
- Community Organizing, Mobilizing, and Action Workshops
The proposed session/workshop can fit into any of the above tracks, or you may choose to have it as a part of the“miscellaneous” topic track. Formats are flexible and will take shape further on in the planning process. If you have more than one proposed presentation, panel, or workshop, please fill out separate forms for each. We will review all submissions and organize our panels and workshops based on the proposals and ideas we receive. See details below.
Guidelines and instructions for submitting proposals:
Session Format and Logistics
- All sessions/workshops are 90 minutes in length
- All sessions/workshops will be held at the conference site (Carson Community Center)
- Expected total attendance for the conference is 700 attendees, break-out sessions will have between 30 – 70 participants, depending on final registration numbers.
- A/V (projector, screen, microphones) are available. Please indicate your anticipated needs on the form.
Proposal Submission Timeline:
Deadline for proposals: August 31st 2017
Notification of acceptance: September 15th, 2017
Submission of session materials*: September 30th, 2017
(*All session presentations and handouts will be available digitally on the Moving Forward Network website)
After proposals are submitted, the Moving Forward Network staff and MFN Advisory Board members will review and determine if the proposed sessions align with the conference goals and compliment the tracks. Staff may also work with proposers to combine or make suggestions to strengthen proposed sessions. Decision notifications will be sent out by September 15th, and MFN staff will follow up with all session facilitators prior to the conference.
Please submit the following form by August 31st, 2017.
For more information on the conference, please visit the Moving Forward Network website.